Thursday, December 3, 2009

Looking for the perfect makeup for Redhead w/Fair complexion?

I am planning on a major makeup purchase in the near future and want to make a change in the cosmetics I use. I am a fair skinned redhead with brown eyes. My complexion is slightly pink with a bit of a blue undertone--who are we kidding, you can see my veins in the winter! I have a very difficult time finding cosmetics that suit me particularly blush and lip products since they all seem to be too orange or shockingly pink. I would like to incorporate more dramatic eye makeup, but am not sure what would work and what brands are best. I have used Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Almay and Covergirl. I have heard great things about Nars Orgasm.


If there are any makeup artists out there or fellow redheads with my coloring, I would love any suggestions.Looking for the perfect makeup for Redhead w/Fair complexion?
Well, I think I can answer that call. I'm very fair and a natural redhead AND I'm currently working as a makeup artist. I had the absolute worst time trying to find foundation, and I've spent years trying to find the perfect foundation and colors for my skin. I'll give you some suggestions including what I use. I would take this list (along with the options of other answers) and test out some products when you go shopping.





Foundation: truth is, if you're fair skinned, you're going to have a tough time finding foundation, and you have to spend a bit more on it if you want that perfect color. Here are the best matches I've found:


Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation


Lorac Foundation for Sensitive Skin


Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (I am currently using this. I mix their No. 0 and No. 2. It's the best foundation in the world!)





Also, try to find a foundation primer and setting powder. This will depend on your skin type, but there are TONS out there. You'll be able to find one easily.





Blush:


Nars Orgasm. There's no comparison. I've been using it for 4 years and I will never switch. I'm using the Multiple right now, but there are other options. The Multiple is a cream stick, but they also have the cream/bronzer duo in orgasm as well as the powder. I would get the duo since the bronzer will be great to use under your cheekbones and on the sides of your nose.





Eyes:


Urban Decay, Kat Von D (AMAZING! So, Rockstar!), Too Faced, and Dior pallets. Get a really basic highlighting color (I use Ulta's Silk) then get lots of color so that you can play around. Fair skin can get away with bold colors, so work it!





Also, don't forget to try Urban Decay Primer Potion. This will keep your eyeshadow on all day, keep it from smearing, creasing and fading.





As far as liner, I use Make Up Forever and Urban Decay. It's waterproof eyeliner, and the colors are fantastic! If you want to go with something a bit less expensive, just make sure that it's waterproof!





I use Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara because I've had allergic reactions to all sorts of mascaras (I'm sure that you can sympathize), and this one is amazing. But Urban Decay Big Fatty, Benefit Bad Gal Lash, and DiorShow are great. If any mascara starts to dry out, take a few drops of Coke (not Pepsi, it doesn't have enough acid), and put it in your mascara. This will refreshen it and make it last longer.





Lips:


Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm (perfect pink for everday!)


I actually really like a lot of NYX lipsticks. If you use a primer they have great color and stay on great.





Try Urban Decay's Lip Primer Potion. Same great benefits as their eyeshadow primer.





I hope that I've given you a few ideas. Good luck on everything. If you want to browse some of these products, here are some websites:


http://www.sephora.com


http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Looking for the perfect makeup for Redhead w/Fair complexion?
use mac stuido fix foundation it has great coverage it actualy has the most coverage in any mac foundation i know it's $26 but its soo worth it. oh and with your eyemakeup mac has really good eyeshadows with crazy colors and so does urban decay.
i love orgasm by nars





for shadows, try golds and greens

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish