Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The seach for the perfect makeup?

I'm in search of the perfect makeup. I'm looking for something that will control my oily/combo skin, cover my acne and post-acne marks, and lasts at least 10 hours without clogging my pores, causing more acne, and giving me a cake-y, must-wash-my-face feeling. I know that may sound impossible, but does anyone have any recommendations?The seach for the perfect makeup?
Wow thats alot to ask. You can get long lasting but that may clog the pores since its thicker or you can get a good healthy makeup that might now last as long. I have 2 that I use and love. If its everyday, I use Bare Minerals. It doesn't clog the pores and keeps the skin clean and healthy looking. My second choice if I need a good coverage I use Smashbox Studio Seamless Liquid foundation. Its good lightweight coverage that lasts. BUT if I use it everyday, I feel like it does contribute to breakouts. I have super sensitive skin and can't wear much without it breaking me out. If I coul dwear Bare Minerals everyday I think my skin would look its best.The seach for the perfect makeup?
Elizabeth arden


mac


corn silk
estee lauder double wear foundation


also try HR's foudation


But the most important step is to moisturize the skin before applying the make up because it is what makes the make up last for long hours.
I work at a big beauty store called Ulta and I know exactly where you are coming from. I have the same issues you have and here are some suggestions of brands you should definately try:





Bare Escentuals or Pur Minerals-they are mineral makeup, obviously and while I personally prefer Pur Minerals because it has better color matches and more coverage, Bare Escentuals is a hugely popular brand-both have the benefit of being good for you skin and will absolutely not break you out-also, layering the mineral veil helps absorb excess oil without adding layers and Pur Minerals makes a wondeful redness correcting primer that looks green but unlike similiar products, does not go on green. If your not using a primer under your makeup, it is a must for oily or combonation skin-it helps everything stay in place and fills in large pores and imperfections making your foundation go on smoother.





If you need more coverage try Amazing cosmetics concealer-it is an award winning product and has the best formlation I have ever used, and trust me, I have tried dozens. It is super creamy and highly pigmented so it lasts forever, it doesn't creep into fine lines or pores and covers ANYTHING without looking heavy. Laura Mercier also makes a wonderful concealer called Secret Camoflauge, top notch, as is her Silk Creme Foundation-good coverage and water based so it is fabulous for oily skin-it also hydrates any dryness around healing blemishes and has good coverage and is extremely wearable and long lasting.





If you need even more coverage I would go for Coverblend foundation by Exuviance. It is heavier but looks more natural than similar products on the market and is by far the most long lasting makeup I have ever tried, sweatproof, smudgeproof, once it sets, it stays.





Hope this helps!
Clinique is by far the best, i love their eyeshadow! And the nuetragena ';clean makeup'; concealor is the best, it doesnt clog your pores and doesnt even feel like you're wearing makeup. Trust me, i swear by it!
sephora is good but i love Physicians Formula..i love their stuff and its Talc free(thats what causes bumps and such and it causes ur skin not to breathe)...this stuff is so light and airy, i love it
Try bareminerals. It's expensive, but... it works, and it gives you a wonderful ';natural beauty'; look. I got mine at Sephora, but you can order online too.
I have the answer!! Go to Prescriptives!! you can go online or in store. they are usually located in malls in major department stores.


they will custom blend your color, formula(for oily, dry, or combo skin) and the type of coverage you want!





you can also get powders, lipsticks, glosses, blushes, mascaras and liners!!





good luck!
cover girl has a really good brand and thats all i can tell you.
Marykay Avon and covergirl
I use mineral girlz. It helps clear my skin, makes it look and feel healthier and it does not cost an arm and a leg.
The Bare Minerals coverup works GREAT! My best friend has terrible acne, but she wears this stuff, and you can barely tell she has any. Good luck!
Go to Sephora/Sephora.com. And remember, you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish